none
DPM 2012 R2 Secondary Protecting Untrusted Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Primary DPM Server Protecting some SQL Databases, these are held on a server which is not in the same domain i.e an Untrusted Server. I can successfully primary protect the Databases to the Primary Server and all works as expected.I am trying to Secondary Protect the SQL Databases onto another DPM Server.

Normally I would go into the Protection Group Settings Select the Primary DPM Server and then select the Particular Server and define what I would like to backup. Unfortunately these servers do not appear..... Im running DPM 4.2.1235 on those machines..

HOWEVER, i have a old machine which is windows server 2003 and is an 'Untrusted' Server and this backs up fine and also appears available for Secondary protection. Its running 4.1.3441 as this functionality came as part of Rollup 2.

I have tried to downgrade the DPM Agent but it wont then let me protect it. Any ideas? Or has someone come across this before? There is some contradicting information as to whether this is supported or not...

Thanks

Daniel

Sunday, June 15, 2014 4:38 PM