none
Hyper-V Nodes communication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have deployed DPM 2012 in our environment. We have two Hyper-V Cluster in our environment each is having 6 Nodes. We have configured Backup on both Hyper-V clusters and configured serialized backup as Microsoft TechNet instructions. The Retention policy of One Hyper-V storage pool is 2 Days and backup is being taken every day at 2pm for another hyper-v cluster storage pool retention is 5 days but every 7th day it is taking the backup. Initially there is no Backup which was successful and every time the error shows in storage pool is replica is inconsistent and the failed to create the replica. When I look in to errors it shows that agent is unreachable and when I go to the agent it shows dcom errors dpm agent errors stating that unable to communicate with the dpm server. There is no firewall enabled on hyper-v node and dpm server still I have no idea why they both are not able to communicate with each other. Any idea will some one let me know how to trouble shoot. Remember I have done the dcom / wmi check through command between dpm and hyper-v nodes which was succesfull still no idea what is happening and what is wrong please help me in this.

Thanks

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Monday, June 4, 2012 4:58 PM

All replies