none
Team Members can access Reports page after blocking the "Reports" in Quicklaunch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In my organization, we are using Project Online, we have created some custom reports in excel and saved it under Reports >> English.

Usually we will be using English folder for reports upload and access, so created a link in quick launch (PWA Report) for direct entry into English folder and access the custom reports. And we hide the OOTB "Reports" link from the quick launch. we have given access to Project Manager's and above to see the Reports page.

Reports access for the "Team Member Group users" to view of Reports link in the Quick launch were denied.

But what happens is Team member can view the "PWA Reports" link (I agree that, since we have created the link that should be shown to all the users entered into our PWA page, we don't have control in that), and OOTB "Reports" link is not shown to the users.

Once the "Team Member" clicked the "PWA Reports" link or by entering the below link in the browser, they can see the reports page and access the reports without any problem, as like a Project Manager and above.

https://CompanyName.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa1/PWAReports/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsites%2Fpwa1%2FPWAReports%2FEnglish%20%28United%20States%29&FolderCTID=0x01200081B86D23720F724A87A0BB8225F595BE&View=%7B98300D37%2D98D7%2D498D%2DA6E9%2D02762408341E%7D

But what we are looking forward is, Team Member should get a message/information like "You don't have permission to access the reports".

Looks like they have full rights to access the Page. Please help me on this. Thank you.

-SNKBalaji

Set your expectations high; find persons whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust. - John Akers

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Monday, January 4, 2016 6:34 AM Updated Link
    Friday, December 18, 2015 5:00 AM

All replies