Change of "Affected User" to another user than "Created by" user clears SMPortal lists RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SCSM Forum,

i figured out some strange behaviour in my Contoso 2013.4 demo environment with SCSM 2012 R2. I create a new SR with a related RA. All is fine for the approver (its all same person, SR created by, affected user and RA reviewer). But if i change the SRs Affected user to anyone else then the "My Requests" and "My Activities" lists in SMPortal suddenly become empty for the initial creator. Also other tickets disapear. If i change the Affected User back to the Creator its fine again.

Anyone same issue and idea how to solve this? It seems like the web portal has some really big issues..

Thx and regards
    Vesp

Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:59 PM

Answers

• All RAs disappeared. Both lists became empty (My Activites and My Requests). I tried in another system, but issue was not reproducable there. So its maybe related to my Contoso environment. Thanks for offering your help, if you like to reproduce:

1. Open several SRs and Incidents for a user, also having some RA in My Activities list
    2. Go to one of the SR and change Affected User to another User
    >expectation is that only the SR disappeares
    3. All entries in My Requests / My Activities disappeared

Also thanks for giving information about new vNext webfrontend. This is sth. to look forward.

BR
    Vesp

UPDATE: I figured out what caused the problem. I had to add the user to "Activity Implementers" User Role. This helped for me.

• Edited by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:07 AM

All replies

• to quote Microsoft: "This behavior is by design" the views in the portal you are looking at are specifically filtered on the affected user relationship.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for fast reply... but i only changed one SRs Affected User and then all the SRs disappeared (also the old ones that i did not touch) from "My Requests" and also all RAs were gone from "My Activities". So that was sth. i was wondering about. But maybe a special "bug" in the Contoso Environment. I will test in another VM.

Thanks ans regards
    Vesp

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:09 PM
  • well that's different then. which RAs are disapearing? is it only RAs related to that SR? can you define the behavior well enough that i could reproduce it in my lab?

it should be noted that the development team has basically stopped work on the silverlight portal, and rumors have been flying around about a new portal in vNext, so even if we identify a reproducable bug, we might not be able to get it fixed. 

• Marked as answer by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:02 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:43 AM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 12:13 PM
  • All RAs disappeared. Both lists became empty (My Activites and My Requests). I tried in another system, but issue was not reproducable there. So its maybe related to my Contoso environment. Thanks for offering your help, if you like to reproduce:

1. Open several SRs and Incidents for a user, also having some RA in My Activities list
    2. Go to one of the SR and change Affected User to another User
    >expectation is that only the SR disappeares
    3. All entries in My Requests / My Activities disappeared

Also thanks for giving information about new vNext webfrontend. This is sth. to look forward.

BR
    Vesp

UPDATE: I figured out what caused the problem. I had to add the user to "Activity Implementers" User Role. This helped for me.

• Edited by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vespertinus Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:07 AM