none
Slow (very slow) Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Hyper-V for a client platform. I have a small VM that I want to image with MDT. MDT is on a separate server, on the same subnet, that is not a virtual machine. When I boot to the PE media a couple of MDT screens flash by and that's it. The host sits at the MDT wallpaper until I stop it. The target VM has 2GB of RAM, a 64GB VHD and shares the Hyper-V host's NIC. The Hyper-V server itself only has a single 100Mbit NIC. In addition to running the client, the Hyper-V host also runs a virtual DC that the MDT server belongs. So, in practice three OS's are using the same physical NIC, 2 virtual, and one physical. Could this be why everything is so slow?

Jason

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

• It's up there, but not consistently.

I took a look at the share and NTFS permissions and my build account did have the rights to the share through NTFS, but not share. I thought share perms were Everyone=FC, but it was Admins=FC. Adding, my build account to the share perms fixed the problem. 

Jason

• Marked as answer by N74JW Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:49 AM

All replies

• It might be interesting to look at processor and disk usage of Hyper-V.  

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:35 PM
  • It's up there, but not consistently.

I took a look at the share and NTFS permissions and my build account did have the rights to the share through NTFS, but not share. I thought share perms were Everyone=FC, but it was Admins=FC. Adding, my build account to the share perms fixed the problem. 

Jason

• Marked as answer by N74JW Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:49 AM