none
Forward messages from 1 group to another during certain times

Question

• Hi

I have a request from one of my managers

We run an in-house exchange server and we are about to extend our opening times, with skeleton staff during that time period

I've been tasked with finding a way to have all emails sent to users in a certain AD group, to forward to a shared mailbox, while retaining the original message in the original mailbox and this forwarding is only to happen between a set time.

Is something like this possible?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I have a request from one of my managers

We run an in-house exchange server and we are about to extend our opening times, with skeleton staff during that time period

I've been tasked with finding a way to have all emails sent to users in a certain AD group, to forward to a shared mailbox, while retaining the original message in the original mailbox and this forwarding is only to happen between a set time.

Is something like this possible?

You would have to script a scheduled powershell task that sets forwarding on the mailboxes during that time period and removes it afterwards or a transport rule that is enabled during that time period then disabled after it.

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi Andy

Thanks for coming back to me. I thought about transport rules, but I wasn't able to find an option to automatically have it start and stop when needed - I finish before this rule is needed.

I've found a piece of software from the same company I use to manage the signatures called Exclaimer Auto Responder, so I think I am going to go with that.

Thanks for the help

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Hi Andy

Thanks for coming back to me. I thought about transport rules, but I wasn't able to find an option to automatically have it start and stop when needed - I finish before this rule is needed.

I've found a piece of software from the same company I use to manage the signatures called Exclaimer Auto Responder, so I think I am going to go with that.

Thanks for the help

Correct. The transport rule would have to be enabled and disabled with a powershell scheduled task. It would actually be pretty easy to do.

https://alanhardisty.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/schedule-a-transport-rule-to-be-enabled-or-disabled-at-a-specific-time-of-day-day-of-the-week/

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

• Marked as answer by DannyMHB Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:11 PM