My mouse is going crazy in certain programs RRS feed

• Question

• When I open certain programs, my Nokia PC Suite, Photoshop, or the ACER widget is up, my mouse migrates to the bottom left of the screen, a few inches in and up, and won't move from about an inch around that spot. The only way I can get out of this is by Ctl Alt Del and closing whichever program is causing it, with the keyboard, obviously. Or I can Alt Tab to another open window and then closing the other program from the taskbar.
    This happens on both my ACER wireless mouse and my older IBM cord mouse.

PLease help, I have some important photoshopping to get donme very soon.

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:01 AM

Answers

• Hi, I suggest you first try the mouse on another computer and use wired mouse on the computer, so that we can narrow down if this is a hardware or software issue. If this issue has been narrowed down as software issue, I suggest you try a free online virus scan on the following site:

http://safety.live.com

Meanwhile, if you need more help with virus-related issues, please contact Microsoft Product Support Services.

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

• Edited by Sabrina Shen Friday, April 6, 2012 3:16 AM PCSafety Center update
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:52 AM