none
Filter Manager failed to attach to volume RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a W2008 R2 running as a file server.  This server is backed up to DPM 2010.  My file server has the following error in the event viewer.

• Log Name:      System
      Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager
      Date:          5/16/2011 8:08:11 PM
      Event ID:      3
      Task Category: None
      Level:         Error
      Keywords:     
      User:          SYSTEM
      Computer:      FSRV01.xxx.com
      Description:
      Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume69'.  This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot.  The final status was 0xc03a001c.

There is a backup scheduled for 8:00PM every night that I suspect is related to this error.

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:39 PM

All replies

• What is the volume being protected?

What is the sync frequency for the protection? Are you getting this event everytime the sync happens?

Whats the status of the syncs? Success\Failure?

Can you execute the following command in elevated command prompt:

fltmc instances -v <VolumeWhereIssueIsSeen1>

and paste the output

/* As is provided without warranties and confers no rights*/

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:05 AM
  • I am also getting this exact same error message on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.  It happens each day at 8:20 PM.

Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume19'.  This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot.  The final status was 0xc03a001c.

I also see this error right after:

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR17 during a paging operation.

Any ideas?

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:28 PM
  • I am also getting similar error, and only from the one node of the cluster - it always starts to generate errors with windows backup /cca. 3 errors per backup/. Do you have any idea how to remove that errors? I cant run fltmc instances -v <VolumeWhereIssueIsSeen1> because mentioned volumes dont exist. Seems to be some problem with temporary VHD created during a regular backup. THX

I didnt find any thread where is issue has been resolved or at least explained.

Would you be so nice?

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Do check your registry size, mine was growing quite fast. While I wasn't able to fully resolve it (I still get the Event; haven't received any replies), the registry doesn't grow anymore: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/dpmhypervbackup/thread/4d5e7c97-baba-4ed8-a3e5-536fad755c55
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:59 AM