none
Project Documents not available to users via PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Project Server 2007 on a Windows 2003 Server. I have a project that was accidentally deleted from the published and draft databases - which I was able to get restored with the assistance of an MS Project technician. Unfortunately now I am the only one who is able to see the project documents. When other users open that project workspace and click on project documents they don't see any. I'm not sure what is different since the restore of the project and workspace.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding this scrolled by..

1. In Server Settings > Project Sites choose Edit Site Address, then remove the URL click ok, then do the same and reassociate it.

2. Ok

3. On the project workspace, in Site Actions > Site Permissions you should be able to see if the site is inheriting security. Apologies, I don't have 2007 instance handy to give you the exact steps.

Also take a look at the Project Site Permissions option and check that the 'Check to automatically synchronize Project Web App users with Project Sites when they are created, when project managers publish projects, and when user permissions change in Project Server. When the check box is cleared, Project Server users are never synchronized with Project Sites.' is checked.

And finally, if you have versioning on in the library, check that the documents are checked in and there is no approval on the library.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Couple of things to check / try:

1.  Reassocaitate the Project site with the project via Server Settings > Project Workspaces

2. Have you republished the project in order to fire the user sync again?

3. Have you checked the team site to see if it's inheriting security from PWA?

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Alex,

1. I think have tried to reassociate the Project site with the project via Server Settings > Project Workspaces. However I don't see a reassociate button only a Synchronize button.

2. I have opened the project with MS Project 2007 Pro and done a File > Publish.

3. How do I check the team site to see if it's inheriting security from PWA?

I also wanted to add that the users can access the documents page but there are no documents listed for them.

Thanks,

Charlie

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding this scrolled by..

1. In Server Settings > Project Sites choose Edit Site Address, then remove the URL click ok, then do the same and reassociate it.

2. Ok

3. On the project workspace, in Site Actions > Site Permissions you should be able to see if the site is inheriting security. Apologies, I don't have 2007 instance handy to give you the exact steps.

Also take a look at the Project Site Permissions option and check that the 'Check to automatically synchronize Project Web App users with Project Sites when they are created, when project managers publish projects, and when user permissions change in Project Server. When the check box is cleared, Project Server users are never synchronized with Project Sites.' is checked.

And finally, if you have versioning on in the library, check that the documents are checked in and there is no approval on the library.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:58 AM