SharePoint administration failed to load RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

[WSS3]

I deleted a content DB from the SQL server without removing it first from central admin. When I try to access the Cental Admin, I get the following error:An unexpected error has occurred. When I try to run the SP config wizard, it fails in step 4 with the following error (eventid 104): "Failed to unprovision the SharePoint Central Administration Web Application. An exception of type System.Security.SecurityException was thrown. Additional exception information: Access denied."(coming from event viewer)  I have local admin permissions on the server and SQL. Any thoughs? Thanks a lot in advance

• Edited by arevach Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:48 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• Judging by what you are describing it sounds like you deleted the content database for the Central Administration site which is not good. 

In any event, if you have a backup restore the database. Then remove the database from SharePoint before deleting it. If you don't have a backup, you could try forcing the removal with the deletecontentdb stsadm operation.

If you did delete the content database for Central Administration and none of the above works, you could try recreating Central Administration with psconfig.exe -cmd adminvs.
    • Edited by Jason Warren Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:58 PM added part about recreating central admin
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

During config wizard what option you have selected? recerate farm or connect to an existing farm?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:42 PM
  • Hi,

I choose:

Do not disconnect from this server farm

Next

No, this machine will continue to host this web site.

Any thoughs?

Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:45 AM