Freezing issues with USB port RRS feed

• Question

• I need a simple solution to this problem:

I have a Siren Ilo mp3 player.  It used to work fine until a friend of mine "cleaned up" my computer and defragged it.  Now every time I plug it in it freezes up the computer...until I unplug it.  It worked once but hasn't for a week.  When it did work in Real Player, under 'burn" it would come up as "Siren" but now it just says "F:/removeable storage".  The installation disk that came with it doesn't work because it's for Windows 98 (I have XP), and Siren said that it should just load automatically.  The problem is with my computer and not the device because I called Siren and we troubleshooted the device.  I have a Compaq Presario, under a year old.  I have called HP tech support several times with no luck because when I call I get rerouted to a foreigner who barely spakes English, is hard to understand, has no patience, and keeps trying to tell me my warranty is expiring (we bought a three year warranty with the computer).  

Does anyone know, simple steps, how to solve this problem?  The fact that it used to come up as Siren but now says F:/ concerns me.   

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:46 AM

All replies

• A friend at work suggested that maybe an update caused the problem.  Any ideas?  If so then how do I fix?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:19 PM