Roaming Profile - Cached Data? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a computer that log's into our local server(Win2003) and operates off a Windows 7 machine. For some reason after the user logs off and back on, all previous data that was deleted is then restored. This is becoming an issue because it's just cluttering the desktop with previously deleted files. If you need more information, let me know. I can give you specifics on details if necessary. Seems like I'm just missing something obvious here.

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi PC-Dbanq,

How did you delete the roaming profile cache?

You can use the Delete cached copies of roaming profiles policy setting to specify that locally cached versions of roaming user profiles be deleted when the user logs off. This setting is in the Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles node of the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in.

In addition, please also delete the local roaming profile data, then try again to check if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, February 21, 2011 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:07 AM