Continuous audio problems with Windows 10 [Solved] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have a problem with Windows 10 1909 and Audio with a Dell Laptop inside company.

Many times this user call IT support to solve audio issue.
    If you disinstall and install again audio device using "Device management panel" audio will work again a few days.
    After that audio issue starts again.

The issue is that there is not audio output using laptop speaker.

I have upgraded audio using official dell driver software.

Do you know other way to fix this annoing issue finally?

I would avoid Windows 10 formatting just for audio problem.

Best regards
    Federico

Monday, June 22, 2020 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    I have done Audio Troubleshooter.

This is the final report:

>>Device Manager\Sound driver\right click and choose Properties\Power Management\untick "allow the >>computer to turn off the device to save power
    I do not have any option about it.

>> Control Panel\System and Security\System\Advanced system settings\hardware\device installation
    >> settings\Choose "No"

I have done it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 10:11 AM
  • Dear Joy-Qiao,
    thanks for your help.

I have upgraded all driver using another tool to upgrade them.
    After this upgrade audio seems to work properly at the moment.

We have done many reboot and every time laptop speakers and microphone speaker work without problem.

>> Go to Device Manager, find sound driver and choose properties, record the driver version when it works
    >> well and compare with the driver version when issue occur.

Good idea!

Many thanks for your help!
    See you soon

Federico

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Federico, 

We could go to Device Manager\Sound driver\right click and choose Properties\Power Management\untick "allow the computer to turn off the device to save power".

Also, go to Control Panel\System and Security\System\Advanced system settings\hardware\device installation settings\Choose "No"

Please monitor if the issue persists after those changes.

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:37 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:36 AM
  • Hello, 

Please run Playing Audio troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot. Let us know what it reports back. 

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:04 AM
  • Hi,
    I have done Audio Troubleshooter.

This is the final report:

>>Device Manager\Sound driver\right click and choose Properties\Power Management\untick "allow the >>computer to turn off the device to save power
    I do not have any option about it.

>> Control Panel\System and Security\System\Advanced system settings\hardware\device installation
    >> settings\Choose "No"

I have done it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 10:11 AM
  • Hi, 

Please update system to latest version through Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update at first.

I would recommend to monitor if driver was changed after few days when the issue occur again.

Go to Device Manager, find sound driver and choose properties, record the driver version when it works well and compare with the driver version when issue occur. 

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:28 AM
  • Dear Joy-Qiao,
    thanks for your help.

I have upgraded all driver using another tool to upgrade them.
    After this upgrade audio seems to work properly at the moment.

We have done many reboot and every time laptop speakers and microphone speaker work without problem.

>> Go to Device Manager, find sound driver and choose properties, record the driver version when it works
    >> well and compare with the driver version when issue occur.

Good idea!

Many thanks for your help!
    See you soon

Federico

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:07 PM
  • Hi FredericeCoppola,

what is your laptop model name and your sound card provider?

septviessuivront

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:38 PM
  • Hi Federico, 

Thank you for your feedback and heard a good news from you. 

If any reply is useful for you, kindly mark it as answer.

Bests,

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:21 AM