none
Problem with Alwayson Listener on azure vm, disappear RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i noticed on one of my cluster alwayson(i was configuring readonly routing and i noticed this), that it lost listener(nobody delete it):

i checked the other cluster and it are setup fine(i see listener added with failover cluster manager with dependencies). In cluster manager of this particular cluster i don't see dependencies to add listener(i added listener from cluster manager with dependencies to all alwasyon cluster in my infrastructure):

The cluster are working fine, we did some failover and it were ok.

There is a remediation for this situation without do service interruption?

Thanks

• Edited by Emanuele86 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:59 PM

All replies

• Listener cannot just delete itself. Somone must have done it you need to find out

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:25 PM
  • Is strange, but now why i don't see it under dependencies to add it?

But if someone delete listener from failover cluster or ssms, we had to have service interruption. 

• Edited by Emanuele86 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:52 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hi Emanuele86,

You can try to run the following query to check the listener information. 
     SELECT * FROM sys.dm_tcp_listener_states;

If the listener has been deleted, you will have to create it again.

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Hi Emanuele86,

You can try to run the following query to check the listener information. 
     SELECT * FROM sys.dm_tcp_listener_states;

If the listener has been deleted, you will have to create it again.

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Hello thank you for the query. I solved yesterday. On ip address there was the dependencies to listenener and for this i did'nt see dependencies in menu shared i my previous post. Now is ok.

Can you explain result for that command?

Here result:

Thanks

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:43 AM