right click highlight stays RRS feed

• Question

• I right click on anything, highlight and click it and it stays, just the highlighted clicked part. it hovers above everything from full screen to any other right clicks.

I noticed that if i end desktop windows manager on task manager it goes away but that probably just resets it.

It started occurring after i installed internet explorer 9 beta.  it doesn’t just appear in explorer it also happens on the desktop

I noticed another post like my problem here but this is about changing the theme, iv tried that and it doesn’t work

I’m running on windows 7 ultimate

Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For analyzing better, please capture a screenshot for us:

How to capture a screenshot

=========================

1)       Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)       Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)      In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)       The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)       Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

6)       Then Upload to SkyDrive.

At this time, please check the following:

1.    Boot into Safe Mode with Networking to check if the issue persists. If not, you could perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot.

2.     Check if this issue persists after removing Internet Explorer 9 BETA.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:12 AM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:11 PM