how can I recover a vanished draft email ? RRS feed

• Question

• I spent the last 4 and a bit hours working on a email for a lawyer on Hotmail and I don't know what happened but it disappeared 

I can't find it anywhere. 

where can it be ad how do I get it back?

• Changed type Manu Meng Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:01 AM Because it is
    Monday, July 22, 2019 3:42 AM

Answers

• Have you checked in Deleted Items, you can Recover deleted  items from this folder(454 items).

Thanks!

Monday, July 22, 2019 6:34 AM

All replies

• Have you checked in Deleted Items, you can Recover deleted  items from this folder(454 items).

Thanks!

Monday, July 22, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

As David mentioned, you could check the items in the Deleted Items folder and the Recover Deleted Items in the Deleted Items folder. If neither has the draft mail, which means the draft is purged.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by ThinkCenter Thursday, July 25, 2019 5:38 AM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi ,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:56 AM
  • In Outlook, I drafted an e-mail (was complete), then, I was interested in potentially creating a "form" so the recipient could reply inline, so I started to create a form, quickly I realized this would be an involved process and was trying to return to the message draft. Outlook asked if I wanted to save changes; I thought this referred to the "form" I hadn't really created, so I clicked "no".  PRIOR to this, I believe there was a draft in the drafts e-mail folder. HOWEVER, when I opted not to save the "form" the entire e-mail was deleted.

• No longer in drafts e-mail folder
    • Not in Outlook Online (OWA) Drafts e-mail folder
    • Not in deleted items
    • Not in "recover deleted items from server
    • No draft of the e-mail message or "form" was anywhere to be retrieved.
    1. Q: Is there a windows/local cache or local copy of the draft which is not visible through the outlook UI that may still be retrieved? Even the text would save me a couple hours (it was an extensive e-mail).
    2. Q: Is there a way to recover discarded e-mails through the office 365 exchange admin portal under circumstances like this?

Suggestion 1: I know this happens with users from time to time; Word has an "AutoRecover" feature and can also be configured to keep backup copies of documents. Perhaps this feature could be extended to outlook.

Suggestion 2: Within deleted items folder, create a 'last-chance' folder where discarded drafts can live until outlook is closed. This would be a life-saver!  Pretty Please!?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:37 AM