help Error message stopping me open ANY microsoft Office 2016 application RRS feed

• Question

• suddenly started getting the Were sorry but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working properly would you like us to repair now? I press repair 100 times it just closes with powerpoint excel and word. there is no access to any menu options in word. I am completely stuck

it is word 2016 and windows 10

i would be grateful for any help

Monday, September 12, 2016 11:02 AM

Answers

•  would you like us to repair now? I press repair 100 times it just closes with powerpoint excel and word. there is no access to any menu options in word. I am completely stuck

Instead of clicking the "Repair" button on the error message, try to perform a repair of your Office installation via Control Panel and see if that works:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Make sure to select "Online Repair", instead of the "Quick Repair" to ensure everything gets fixed.

Have you ever made any changes to your system/Office recently? If issue persists after a repair, I suggest you collect the event logs to troubleshoot the problem:

Press Win + R, type "eventvwr" in the Run box, press Enter.

In the Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs -> Application, check if there is any error about Office 2016.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:26 AM