none
Location Rich files RRS feed

• Question

• i downloaded rich files a week back.after back up i don't know where my files are.it got deleted from all files and folder from desktop.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi

So, do you want to recover all files and folder which were on your desktop.

Regards,

Raj

Please mark as an "Answer" and do "Vote",if my contribution or answer is useful

• Edited by Raj017 Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:17 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:13 AM
  • yes raj exactly
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:55 AM
  • So you can take help from data recovery software and I'd like to recommend you  https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Windows-Data-Recovery-Software.html

Regards,

Raj

• Edited by Raj017 Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:10 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:10 AM
  • but how n why it got deleted

Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Hi

I don't know why it got delete I suppose it has been by mistake if you have a backup file, it can be recovered otherwise you can do that thru data recovery software

Regards,

Raj

• Edited by Raj017 Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by John_Macguire Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:50 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

Where did you download the rich file? Did you save them on the desktop?

If you use Windows Backup to back up your files, there are two ways to restore the deleted files:

Method1:

Control Panel – Backup and Restore – Restore my files

Method2:

Open Computer by clicking the Start button, navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then click Restore previous versions. If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example C:\, right-click the drive, and then click Restore previous versions. You'll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. The list will include files saved on a backup (if you are using Windows Backup to back up your files) as well as restore points if both types are available.

If there is no option in the back up list, you have to contact the data recovery center to help you.

In addition, make sure that you enable the “show all desktop icons” by right-click the desktop-View.

Also, you can check the C:\Users\*** \Desktop folder to see if they exist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

Have you recovered the deleted files by the above suggestions? Any updates are welcome

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:16 AM
  • I agree with Raj, you can get your lost files back only if you have the backup or a powerful data recovery software. I would suggest you <g class="gr_ gr_43 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="43" id="43">to</g> use the Stellar Windows data recovery - Home it allows to recover the deleted data at free of cost up to 1 GB. I believe it will be good to use such tool as you don't need to spend money first for recovering your lost data.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:54 AM