none
Published Project Files keep disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to publish project files to a Project Web app on my SharePoint site. The problem is that they disappear. Even if I go to File -> Open in Project, the files are not checked out. When I check the Job Queue, they get saved, checked in, and their work flows check in. Yet they're not in the Project Center list. Where did they go? Could something have happened in the backend that cause them to disappear?
    Friday, September 19, 2014 1:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the projects are saved and published successfully and there are no errors in the queue, the first things I would check are the project center views and see if there are any filters in place

Also, have you tried to re-open the projects in Project Pro after they are saved and published? If you cannot open them I would also check the user permissions

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, September 19, 2014 8:34 AM
  • Hi Christopher,

In addition to Paul's excellent advice, what do you mean by "publish project files to a Project Web app on my SharePoint site"? Are you intending to save a project from Project Server into a Sharepoint site document librairy? Doing so the newly saved file will no longer be in Project Server.

In order to have a clearer view of your issue, could you give more details? Such as your Project version? Are you sure that while doing "file/open", you can connect to Project Server and not in standalone? Check for the following icon in MS Project Pro status bar:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, September 19, 2014 12:09 PM
  • @Guillaume I am connected to Project Server from Project Pro 2010; the globe icon is present. To clarify the issue: when you publish a schedule, a prompt should come up that asks you to choose a PWA to publish the schedule to, or explain why that isn't possible. That prompt never showed up.
    Monday, September 22, 2014 9:02 PM
  • Hi Christopher,

Looking at your last comment, I wonder if the projects are saved to project server. Are you trying to migrate some existing project plans to project server? If that is the case, then once you are connected from Project Pro to the required project server instance, you will need to select "Save As" in order to save your project to the server. As the project is saved to project server then you can publish the project from File > Info > Publish and the prompt should show up

Paul

Monday, September 22, 2014 9:19 PM
  • Indeed, I follow Paul on his reply.. There is a prompt that comes up while publishing for the first time a project, asking if and where you want to create the project site:

Wondering if you are not saving your project on a SharePoint librairy..

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:57 AM