System Account lacks rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a couple of team sites on the WSS 3.0 production server. The System Account is the domain account spadministrator for all the team sites.

On one particular team site, this system account lacks enough rights, i mean i can login to the site but i cannot see all of the options for example :

im unable to add users

i cant see the upload option in the document library that allows to upload documents etc..etc..

Please advice as to whats preventing system account from having full rights to this particular site and how do i find it and overcome it.

Thanks,

MR

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me ask you few questions , You mentioned its a team site that mean its just normal sites under one web application or having different web applications for each site or it is a site collections under one web applications. If its normal site under one web application then check on which service account the App pool is running. If its running with same service account then fine and check whether you can open the central administrator with the same account or not. If you can open central administrator then go the particular site collection and add this service account into the administrator group.

Let us know If your problem doesn't solve.

SPsRocks
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:45 AM Let US know - these aren't private conversations
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:39 AM