Unable to dial SfB extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our extensions stopped receiving calls a day back. Dialing that extension, does not normalize, and i get a fast busy tone. The user can dial out. Dialing the direct number from the PSTN, the call would drop without ringing. 

I removed the user completely, and now I can dial the number and it keeps ringing. I searched from the control panel, and there is not other user with the same extension. 

I've not added the user back yet, but this issue seems very strange, and i would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Mathew

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi MathewKEO,

For this issue, it may be a replication issue.

Please run the command line in SFB management shell check if the CMS has the latest update: Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:19 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thank you for your response. The same number was configured incorrectly for our meeting room polycom, "tel:+97xxxxx765;ext=4767". The user lineuri was "tel:+97xxxxx765;ext=4765"
    I was searching for the whole TelUri,"tel:+97xxxxx765;ext=4765" and it was not showing any duplicates, but if i had searched for just the E164 number, without the extension, it would probably have shown up. But, I'm not sure if that's possible.

I had a feeling there was a duplicate number somewhere, as that was the reason the line was ringing even after i removed the user from Skype for Business, but i could not trace where the number was assigned. Luckily, when i dialed the number, the user was in the meeting room, and he picked up my call. Saved me hours of troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Mathew

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi MathewKEO,

Did you run the command in my first reply to check  the status of CMS?

If not, please try it and give the results for us.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Hi alice,

Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus returns True for all the Skype for Business Servers. But, as i mentioned in my previous reply, the issue is resolved. 

Thanks. Regards,

Mathew

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:50 PM
  • Hi MathewKEO,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, please try to mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:30 AM