Way to Auto start SFB in all client machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to auto start SFB in all machines present across country?

As although we managed to deploy it in all machines via SCCM but still more than half of the users haven't opened it yet.

So what here I'm asking is any type of Group policy or via any other mean?

It would be much better if you can tell a way from SFB servers itself i.e. we don't have to go to other teams for help.

• Edited by WorkingOut Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:25 AM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can create a batch file consisting of below code and then can deploy it via your respective deployment tool across all client machines.

@echo off
    cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16"
    start lync.exe
    exit

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

• Edited by SFB.Analyst Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by WorkingOut Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi WorkingOut,

Per my knowledge, there seems no group policy to let you start SFB client in bulk so far.

But for a single client, you could configure auto start for SFB client, please refer to the following blog, it’s same to SFB 2015
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rischwen/2013/06/20/lync-2013-client-auto-start-registry-key/
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csps/2011/06/14/automatically-start-lync-when-i-log-on-to-windows/

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:58 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I'm already aware of that but cant it be launched by configuring GPO of "Run these programs at user logon"?

Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Hi WorkingOut,

According to my research, it seems that no such GPO to achieve this goal.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, July 24, 2017 9:04 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 6:28 AM
  • is there any alternate way?
    Monday, September 25, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

You can create a batch file consisting of below code and then can deploy it via your respective deployment tool across all client machines.

@echo off
    cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16"
    start lync.exe
    exit

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

• Edited by SFB.Analyst Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by WorkingOut Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Thanks. I forwarded this to my deployment team.
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:46 AM