Detect screen resolution, then change background image RRS feed

• Question

• My company is embarking on a Windows 7 enterprise wide rollout. It will be a mix of Virtual Desktops, traditional desktops and laptops.

Screen resolutions for most users are either 1600x1050, 1280x1024 or 1440x900 depending on the hardware. The deployment & management of Windows 7 has been designed to be as dynamic and zero-touch as possible with a single image.

Is it possible to detect a particular resolution and use an appropriate background image for that resolution. (similar mechanism to the OEM login background).

We would only want to run this detection at logon - however if there was also a way to detect when a users changes the resolution, and a change of background could be done with minimal impact to the user experience then we would look at this also.

Any assistance / pointers would be muchly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Nathan Currie

Nathan Currie
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Nathan,

I suspect this issue should be related to the script, if you would like to check or modify your logon script, please go to Scripting Forum for help.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 9:09 AM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 6:34 AM

All replies

• I'm sure you could just include it in the logon scripts that run for a fast easy fix.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:25 PM
  • Hi Nathan,

I suspect this issue should be related to the script, if you would like to check or modify your logon script, please go to Scripting Forum for help.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 27, 2010 9:09 AM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

Since this goal cannot be achieved by Windows 7 settings and can be related with the Scripting Forum, I will mark my former reply as answer, in order to direct other communities who encounter the similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. : )

Regards,

Sabrina

Monday, December 27, 2010 9:09 AM