none
Need to uninstall steady state, but when I boot in safe Mode, I can not log in RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so here's the deal.  Steady state was installed on a work PC.  The "admin" account i log into using the ctrl+alt+del times 2 is a limited account, and I can not make any changes to Steady State.  I have tried system restore, tried reinstalling windows, and when it boots back up, Steady state is still there.  I read through the forums, and I have booted up in safe mode.  There is no log in account, so I hit Ctrl+alt+del twice again to log in as the admin, and it says the password is incorrect.  I tried logging in with the other account created, and it says the same thing.  I can't even get into safe mode..... 

I don't even know what my next option would be.....

Please don't tell me to log into safe mode and delete the registry keys (which I've seen as a response to many of these forums), because I CAN NOT log into safe mode....

Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Am I right in saying you tried a clean install which should have deleted previous OS, and you still get Steady State. If yes then you need to use a 3rd party erase software to make the harddisk like new. Go to this link download and burn to cd. Remove any attached USB external harddisk or flash sticks. Boot to it and choose the harddisk you want to erase.

http://download.cnet.com/Darik-s-Boot-and-Nuke-for-CD-and-DVD/3000-2094_4-10151762.html

Slan go foill, Paul

Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:38 PM
  • I will try that.  Thank you. 

Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:46 PM
  • New Problem.  the computer won't boot to the DVD drive, OR normally.... UGH.... I even tried using the last good configuration....
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:10 PM
  • Hi, go to bios and see if the boot order has changed put the dvd drive as first boot. Slan go foill, Paul
    Friday, October 2, 2009 11:33 AM
  • I'm just curious if Jenny got her machine fixed. Like artiste1's recommendation for the hard drive shredder. Will have to try it when I need to delete my bosses drive.  ;)

muahahha

Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    Monday, October 5, 2009 2:13 PM