e-mail RRS feed

• Question

• I am using 8.1 and when I am writing a long e-mail I get a pop up that reads " Session Expired" is there a way to stop this Because I lose the Whole e-mail    Thanks
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, could you please tell me how you write the email, via Internet Explorer or other apps like Windows Live mail ? What email address are you using?

Based on my research, the session expired often happens when you stay in the site too long. If you are using Internet Explorer to log on the email account, we would like to suggest you go to "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Security" tab > "Trusted sites". Then add the website into trust website. Or you could save your email during the writing process when you writing long emails, because the issue could be caused by the email server policy or the website developing.

Also, we would like to suggest you use some apps such as Mail or the Outlook to receive and send emails.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:18 AM

All replies

• In order to help you effectively we need to know exactly what email system you are using.  You can see the differences here

To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Asking an effective question will get you help faster read how here

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:30 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, could you please tell me how you write the email, via Internet Explorer or other apps like Windows Live mail ? What email address are you using?

Based on my research, the session expired often happens when you stay in the site too long. If you are using Internet Explorer to log on the email account, we would like to suggest you go to "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Security" tab > "Trusted sites". Then add the website into trust website. Or you could save your email during the writing process when you writing long emails, because the issue could be caused by the email server policy or the website developing.

Also, we would like to suggest you use some apps such as Mail or the Outlook to receive and send emails.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:34 AM