none
Last Published vs Lsst Modified RRS feed

• Question

•  

Running PS 2010 with all correct patch/s and cu updates

I need some clarity around the Last Published as opposed to the Last Modified, I have both fields coming through in the PWA and I’m trying to comprehend the logic as to why a Project is showing a Last Modified date of 9/08/2012 and a last Publish date of 13/08/2012

Exactly what is the criterion for a Last Publish as opposed to a Last Modified, what does the difference in dates signify

Many thanks

Noel

Noel

Monday, August 13, 2012 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Noel,

Last modified tables corresponds to when project plan was modified and last publish date is corresponding the project plan published.

Sometimes project managers don’t want to publish the project plan until plan is finalized, in such scenario you may see different modified and published date. Also there is another parameter last save which is not similar to modified date, as tables name indicates it provides information about when was the last time project plan was saved.

You may validate the result using following query on Project Published or draft database

select proj_last_saved, WPROJ_LAST_PUB,MOD_Date from MSP_Project where Proj_name like '%Replace with your project name%'

Hope this helps

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Noel,

Last modified tables corresponds to when project plan was modified and last publish date is corresponding the project plan published.

Sometimes project managers don’t want to publish the project plan until plan is finalized, in such scenario you may see different modified and published date. Also there is another parameter last save which is not similar to modified date, as tables name indicates it provides information about when was the last time project plan was saved.

You may validate the result using following query on Project Published or draft database

select proj_last_saved, WPROJ_LAST_PUB,MOD_Date from MSP_Project where Proj_name like '%Replace with your project name%'

Hope this helps

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:52 AM
  • THank you Hrishi!  I've been looking for the last published date!  Woo Hoo!
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:20 PM