Editing my own track changes from Word 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently switched from Word 2003 to Word 2013 and now have big trouble with the track changes mode. I got lots of documents with track changes made to documents in Word 2003 which I now want to revise with Word 2013. The problem is that even if I set the Author name to the same name I used in word 2003, Word 2013 still recognizes me as a different author. This results in word creating a separate set of markups by a "second" reviewer (example: instead of text added as a track change disappearing on delete, the text is struck through).

I tried the solution described under this link which got me so far as at least being able to rename the old markups to a new author name using the compare function.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/in-word-2010-change-user-name-in-existing-track/aed57179-4e65-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

However again, even if the new user name was identical to the author name, Word would treat this as a track change from a separate reviewer.

Is there any possibility to access the document properties to change the reviewer names of existing track changes (not comments) to virtually "become" the reviewer who made the change in Word 2013?

Many thanks for any help on this!!

Saturday, May 10, 2014 12:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to convert a Word 2003 document to the Word 2013 mode, and then test the issue again. To create a new copy of the document in Word 2013 mode, click Save As and then choose the location and the folder where you want to save the new copy. Type a new name for the document in the File name box, and click Word Document in the Save as type list. Make sure the checkbox next to Maintain compatibility with previous versions of Word is unchecked.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:07 AM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 8:34 AM