Delegate management of a group to a another group RRS feed

• Question

• Using Sharepoint 2013 on-premises.

I have the following setting:
    - a document library (DocLib)
    - a group (LibReaders) which as read access to the DocLib library, but no other permissions on the site

I would like to delegate the task of adding/removing users in LibReaders to a given user (joe), but I do not want to grant joe access to other parts of the site, except to DocLib. Joe is a member of LibReaders.

I have created another group (LibReadersGroupMgrs) with no permissions, added joe to it, and set this group as the owner of group LibReaders. 

The issue is that joe cannot access the LibReaders management page (_layouts/15/User.aspx?...). What are the _minimal_ permissions that I need to grant to LibReadersGroupMgrs to let this group administer LibReaders group ? 

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:47 PM

All replies

• What is the error message "Joe" is getting?

Have a look in there if that helps you: Edit permissions for a List or Library

Cheers

Veronique - Please click Mark as Answer if that solved your issue or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you. Thanks!

Saturday, January 21, 2017 8:23 PM
  • Hi Bertrand d'Arbonneau,

To view the members in the group (_layouts/15/User.aspx?...), this user/group must have “View Application Pages” and “Manage Permissions” permissions on the site.

If you don’t want this user/group to access specific lists/libraries, you need to remove permissions of the user/group from these lists/libraries.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, January 27, 2017 5:51 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 10:41 AM