Creator/Fall Creator Image Task Sequences not Self-Approving Laptops in SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I upgraded our base o/s image to either the Creator or Fall Creator updates and put it in our test task sequence. (This task sequence worked with Anniversary update.)

The test laptops image fine, join the domain, everything. Then I discovered it wasn't pulling down additional software based Device Group Membership. The laptops are in the correct groups.

I went looking around and found the laptops with the Creator or Fall Creator update were not auto-approving in SCCM.

If I manually approve these laptops the software then gets installed.

It all runs fine with my Windows Anniversary images - the task sequence installs the o/s, joins our domain and installs Config Manager and in time pulls down post-install software based on the Device Collection membership.

I am running Configuration Manager Client version 5.00.8239.1000

I am running SCCM 2012 (same version number). 

There are only 2 differences between the working base images and the Creator or Fall Creator ones.

1. Obviously the laptops not getting auto-approved have a Creator or Fall Creator update applied to the base image.

2. Client Certificate is set to Self-Assigned in the Configuration Manager on the Creator or Fall Creator update machines. On the working images the Certificate is set to PKI.

(Apologies if this is a double-post - I thought I posted it here yesterday but I cannot find it).

Friday, October 27, 2017 12:05 AM

Answers

• I'll assume you already know SCCM 2012 R2 only supports Windows 10 builds 1507 and 1511 (officially), any more recent builds (Anniversary and Creators) and you will need to upgrade SCCM...

Jack

Friday, October 27, 2017 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

Upgrade to Configuration Manager current branch version 1706 can provide support for windows 10 1709, see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/configs/support-for-windows-10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Garry McK Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:16 PM
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 3:05 AM

All replies

• I'll assume you already know SCCM 2012 R2 only supports Windows 10 builds 1507 and 1511 (officially), any more recent builds (Anniversary and Creators) and you will need to upgrade SCCM...

Jack

Friday, October 27, 2017 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

Upgrade to Configuration Manager current branch version 1706 can provide support for windows 10 1709, see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/configs/support-for-windows-10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Garry McK Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:16 PM
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 3:05 AM