Bluescreen of Death by Plugging and Unplugging Laptop RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just purchased a new Dell M1210 XPS laptop marked Vista Capable(specs will be posted at bottom of thred). I did a fresh install of Vista RC1 the newest release, installed all the newest drivers for all the hardware... which all seemed to work perfectly fine.  Except one large problem; whenever i plug or unplug the power adapter onto the laptop, the computer goes to the blue screen of death and reboots... I don't ever have enough time to mark down what the blue screen says because it disappears so quickly.  When windows reboots there isn't any info in the crash report... So around the 5th or 6th time it happend to me, the computer stopped booting all together... It just boots to a black screen, whether or not i am in safe more or regular normal boot mode.  So i restored the image i took before formatting my laptop and I am happily back on Windows XP Pro...

Specs:

Dell XPS M1210 / Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 2.16GHz 4MB/ 2GB RAM 667MHz / 9 Cell Batt / 12.1" Display w/ webcam &Mic / 80GB SATA 7200RPM HD /  DVD RW 8x / Media Card Reader / Wireless N DW1500 / Bluetooth / NVIDIA GeForce 7400 / Firewire / Modem / Audigy Sound Card + Software...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:19 PM

All replies

• I have the same laptop and have experienced the exact same thing.

Thankfully I also have a tablet PC and continue to use that for meetings etc. and leave the Dell plugged in.  I am waiting to see if the next build fixes it or not before I go back...

Friday, October 13, 2006 6:48 AM