Meeting room booking set up (not resources) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out a system for our FOH team to manage their room bookings.  What I would like is for the EA to email the reception calendar and then the Reception to allocate a room and update the location so the EA can see where it is.  Ideally I'd like to maintain using calendars (right click and move) than having to add the room as a resource.  Any help is REALLY appreciated.  The way it's acting at the moment is someone sends a request. Reception moves to a rooms calanbder and accepts and it ads the room as an invitee.  This would be fine but every time the room is moved it doesn't take away the previous room, just adds the new one.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Louie,

I am still not quite sure about your requirement for room booking. How do client users book a meeting in their own calendar?

If your root purpose is going to let the EA know all meeting requests location, please consider to force adding this EA as an attendee for all client meeting requests and normally add a room as resource. Then all meeting requests would be added to EA's Calendar and EA can see where each meetings are.  

If I misunderstood about your requirement, please feel free to point it out and provide a example with User1 booking meeting process. I would do further troubleshooting to find any workaround for you.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 1, 2016 6:34 AM