none
TPM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am using HP elite Book 840-G1 with windows 10 pro 1803

I received a notification about TPM Firmware updating while doing this i am asked to enter device owner  password either in Hard Typing OR from File but i have not both

please guide

thanks

Friday, May 11, 2018 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you enable the BitLocker?

If yes, please make sure decrypt the whole drive before updating the TPM firmware.

In addition, you can try to use this HP official TPM tool to update the TPM:

Announcing HP TPM Configuration Utility; Allows Updating TPM Firmware and Converting Between TPM 1.2 and 2.0

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c05192291

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 11, 2018 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:22 AM
  • The normal way would be to ask one self if the TPM is even in use. Is bitlocker/device encryption even used? If not, the TPM should be reset/cleared, then updates and all is well. If the drive is bitlocked together with the TPM as protector, you should add another protector (a password, for example) and simply clear the TPM, then take ownership and update it. No need to decrypt, this only eats up time.
    • Proposed as answer by Ronald Schilf Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:05 PM