none
Server 2012 R2 Image RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently in the process of create an Image for my Server 2012 R2 Servers. I've successfully captured the image am now attempting to create bootable USB media to allow me to install this. However I don't want the partitions to be wiped etc during setup; I'd like to be prompted to configure this myself so as to prevent data loss. I've followed several guides I've found online however these don't seem to work. I've tried disabling "format and partition disk" within the task sequence and setting ShowUI to Always on disk configuration within the unattended file. Below is a screen shot of the error I receive

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Edited by KieranSto_ Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:25 PM

All replies

• The issue maybe the mass storage controller is not in the litetouchPE_x64.wim.  When you boot into the Litetouch menu, hit F8 to bring up a command box.  Type “diskpart” and hit return.  At the diskpart> prompt type list disk.  If you do not see your disk drive in the list then you are missing the storage controller drive.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:47 PM
  • I checked that and everything seems fine ie the disk is visible. If I don't change the disk config to prompt to manually partition etc everything works fine. But for obvious reasons I don't really want this doing automatically on my Servers

Thanks

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:24 PM