Lync 2010 Response Group Call Forwarding - "The user not authorized to call the specified number." RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured business hours for a response group, and would like to forward after hours calls to an external number. If I enter the telephone number formatted +12225551212@mydomain.com, the call disconnects when the RG tries to forward. Snooper shows a 403 SIP error stating "The user is not authorized to call the specified number."

How can I tell which voice policy is in use in this scenario to continue troubleshooting?

If I use a Lync endpoint, the call forwards successfully. My internal line URIs are 7 digits (e.g. +7001234) and do not conform to E.164 format. In the meantime, I've created an Analog Device in Lync with a 7-digit line URI to get the call to my voice gateway. This works fine, but I was under the impression I could forward directly to an external number.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:37 PM

Answers

• Have you assigned the response group to a voice policy that would allow it to dial that number?  All calls are based on the voice policy assigned, so if you assigned none, it would default back to global.  You can do a get-csapplicationendpoint | ft DisplayName, VoicePolicy to see what is assigned to all of your application endpoints.  If you don't have one (or if you need to assign a dial plan also for some reason) you need to do a get-csapplicationendpoint | grant-csvoicepolicy.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

• Marked as answer by R. Derickson Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:24 PM

All replies

• Have you assigned the response group to a voice policy that would allow it to dial that number?  All calls are based on the voice policy assigned, so if you assigned none, it would default back to global.  You can do a get-csapplicationendpoint | ft DisplayName, VoicePolicy to see what is assigned to all of your application endpoints.  If you don't have one (or if you need to assign a dial plan also for some reason) you need to do a get-csapplicationendpoint | grant-csvoicepolicy.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

• Marked as answer by R. Derickson Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:24 PM
  • Type the telephone number in the format sip: +12225551212@mydomain.com.

Make sure you can call the PSTN number from Lync client.

Check the following blog if you didn’t assign voice policy to response group.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dougl/archive/2009/08/12/outbound-pstn-calling-from-response-groups.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Thanks, Richard, that did the trick. I wasn't sure how to check the Voice Policy for the RG, and it wasn't granted one.
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:45 PM