Icon cache tidyup / how to repopulate the icon cache with active application icons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I would like to setup a schedule to clear old icons from the softgrid icon cache as it looks like the icon cache copies over every icon that has ever been sequenced and not removed when the application is no longer in use. for example we have 76 applications and 350+ icons. is there a way to clear the list of icons which are refreshed when you reload the application list as it must be getting a list from the streaming server.

I know manually deleting the icon cache mucks up active shortcut icons, is there a way around this as i would ideally like to delete the icon cache folder contents on log off then recreate on login to keep a small icon cache which is consistant with the applications available.

Friday, March 18, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Usually we have excluded the icon-cache folder from roaming - effectively receiving the behavior you desire 
    /Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 25, 2011 5:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:25 PM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:20 PM