How to install WinAuthProxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am completely new to FAST ESP. I believe for sharepoint connector, I need to use WinAuthProxy. Can anyone please let me know how this can be installed as windows service? It will be good if someone can guide me in this regard.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hello Rituparna,

Which connector are you using?  Are you using the java based SharePoint 2007 connector?  That is a very old connector, which used WinAuthProxy, and the steps to install WinAuthProxy are found on page 17 of the SharePoint 2007 Connector Guide.  I have copied the details below:

Installing WinAuthProxy

Extract the installer archive to a directory of your choice.

The WinAuthProxy can be installed any Windows host. It is recommended to either install it on one or more of the Document Processing Server(s), or on the SharePoint Server.This is to avoid unnecessary network traffic between servers.

To install the FAST WinAuthProxy service, start the installer (setup_WinAuthProxy-WindowsNT-5.1.exe) and follow the instructions.

I would recommend that you use the .net sharepointconnector_1_0_sp3 (with sharepointconnector_1_0_sp3_complete_patch11_win32) to index your SharePoint content, and this connector does not use WinAuthProxy.  Let us know your results.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service   & Support                            Microsoft| Services

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Rituparna,

Which connector are you using?  Are you using the java based SharePoint 2007 connector?  That is a very old connector, which used WinAuthProxy, and the steps to install WinAuthProxy are found on page 17 of the SharePoint 2007 Connector Guide.  I have copied the details below:

Installing WinAuthProxy

Extract the installer archive to a directory of your choice.

The WinAuthProxy can be installed any Windows host. It is recommended to either install it on one or more of the Document Processing Server(s), or on the SharePoint Server.This is to avoid unnecessary network traffic between servers.

To install the FAST WinAuthProxy service, start the installer (setup_WinAuthProxy-WindowsNT-5.1.exe) and follow the instructions.

I would recommend that you use the .net sharepointconnector_1_0_sp3 (with sharepointconnector_1_0_sp3_complete_patch11_win32) to index your SharePoint content, and this connector does not use WinAuthProxy.  Let us know your results.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service   & Support                            Microsoft| Services

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Ahhhaa... Thanks Rob.

I will ask customer for approval.

Friday, December 6, 2013 4:34 AM