none
Windows Script Host Pop-up when importing a GPOPack with MLGPO switch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to import domain policies through localGPO to a master image (the image being in a workgroup). OS is Windows 7 SP1, language is French. Target is to add a task in MDT to do the job.

Those policies configure Internet Explorer 9 and Office 2010, only User settings are modified. Those policies must apply only to local users and not administrators, so i'm using MLGPO for this.

I'm doing it this way :

- Install localGPO on a test computer, backup a domain GPO then copy it on the test computer, then import it with : cscript localGPO.wsf /Path:C:\GPOBackup

- Export the local GPO to a GPOPack with : cscript localGPO.wsf /Path:C:\GPOPack /Export /GPOPack

- Copy the GPOPack to another test computer, but applying it only to non-administrators with : cscript C:\Temp\{GUID}\GPOPack.wsf /Path:C:\Temp\{GUID} /MLGPO:Non-Administrators /silent

This is when 3 pop-up appears despite the /silent switch, all labeled "Windows Script Host" : one blank, then one with "Non-Administrators MLGPO...Modified !" then another one blank again.

When i check policy settings applied everything is OK.

My GPO doesnt contain any Computer or Security setting, so i think the two blank pop-up are related to this...also when i import the GPOPack without the MLGPO switch, no pop-up appears.

Am i doing something wrong ? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:45 AM

Answers

• OK, i got it after reading myself a second time : i was simply launching the last command without cscript.exe, thus using wscript.exe (cf window's label).

Now everything is working fine, except fot the undocumented /silent switch which doesn't do anything.

Time to get some sleep before i slap myself...such a noob error pretty much ruined my morning :(

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Nebuly Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:40 PM