none
Multiple Active Directory and Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have implemented MS-Project Server 2010 with domain controller xyz.local and we have one department who is having their own domain controller i.e. dept.local there is no trust between these two domain controllers and also not possible to configure trust due to IT Policy.

Now dept.local users are able to ping my project server but when these users trying to access project web access url then it shows authentication prompt and after supplying credentials i got no result.

But when i try to access project web access from any client machine who is member of xyz.local then i'm able to access PWA site.

I want to understand, how to configure and allow dept.local users to access my project web access site.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Arjun

Arjun V.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Arjun,

With multiple domain , project server needs two-way trust established. Since that is not an option for you, you can use forms-based authetication for domain dept.local. However you need to create new users either using ADFS or SQL for dept.local users.

Plan for authentication in Project Server 2010

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee922606.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:55 PM