In Outlook, what are "Quick Contacts" and how do I delete them? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

In Outlook (365) what are "Quick Contacts" and how do I delete them?

Background
    When I search for a contact I see that some users are coming up under "Quick Contacts", but Outlook won't let me delete them because it says that the folder is "<g class="gr_ gr_286 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="286" id="286">Read only</g>". 

- I don't want to have ANY users appear in "Recipient Cache" - not ever.

- I don't want any  "Quick Contacts" either.

How can I simplify the above and get rid of all this VERY IRRITATING complexity?
    To get clear, I just want to have one folder called Contacts and nothing else. 

Thanks

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, December 25, 2017 2:16 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What does "Outlook (365)" refer to in your description? Outlook desktop application (part of Office 365 ProPlus) or Outlook online app for Office 365?

How did you search for a contact? Could you provide a screenshot about the "Quick Contacts" so that we can understand it more clearly? 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on this thread? 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:51 AM
  • How do I get rid of this "Recipient Cache"? 
    It is screwing up my search results. And it seems to cause duplicates of my Contacts on my mobile phone. [GRRR]

J

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:16 PM
  • Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:27 PM
  • Yes!  I too want to clear and turn off the "Recipient Cache" and remove my "Quick Contacts."  How do we do this?
    Saturday, March 21, 2020 10:16 AM