Can’t find program: vncpipehelper.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone and happy new year,

I used MDT to silently install RealVNC server 5.1 to win 7 installation. It went fine and could connect to machine until I joined the pc to domain. When I try now to connect to it I get ‘Connection refused (10061). The service is running but the RealVNC server icon is not in taskbar. When I go to programs and click on ‘VNC server’ it doesn’t do anything.

In event viewer I get “UiProcess: Can’t find program: vncpipehelper.exe. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could have this file been deleted when I joined the domain?

Thanks,

Archie

Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Archie,

Connection refused (10061): No connection can be made because the destination computer actively refuses it. This error typically results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host, that is, one that does not have a server program running.

vncpipehelper.exe belongs to product VNC® and was developed by company RealVNC Ltd. This file has description VNC® Server.

As I known, common causes of this problem are:

1.That the service is not running

2.That the service is not running on the port you contacted

3.That the internal IP of the VNC Server has changed, invalidating the port-forward rule in the router

Another cause of this error can be: when the machine is very slow, the UI process exits with a MsgBox if it can't connect back to the server within one second.  This happens without any connection attempt to VNC Server from VNC Viewer.  This issue is fixed in VNC 5.0.3.

To download the latest version, please go to www.realvnc.com/download/vnc/latest/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hopefully you could resolve your issue soon.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:17 AM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 1:16 AM

All replies

• Did you do an internet search for the file?  See info @ http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/vncpipehelper-exe/13186125  The file is not a Microsoft file but a RealVNC file, http://www.realvnc.com/

So, you need to contact http://www.realvnc.com/ about your problem.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, January 3, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Hi Archie,

Connection refused (10061): No connection can be made because the destination computer actively refuses it. This error typically results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host, that is, one that does not have a server program running.

vncpipehelper.exe belongs to product VNC® and was developed by company RealVNC Ltd. This file has description VNC® Server.

As I known, common causes of this problem are:

1.That the service is not running

2.That the service is not running on the port you contacted

3.That the internal IP of the VNC Server has changed, invalidating the port-forward rule in the router

Another cause of this error can be: when the machine is very slow, the UI process exits with a MsgBox if it can't connect back to the server within one second.  This happens without any connection attempt to VNC Server from VNC Viewer.  This issue is fixed in VNC 5.0.3.

To download the latest version, please go to www.realvnc.com/download/vnc/latest/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hopefully you could resolve your issue soon.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:17 AM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 1:16 AM