none
MDT Local Administrator Auto login Issue (MDT 2013 Update1) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an odd issue with my MDT deployments and I haven't been able to find a solution for it yet in my Google searches. If I deploy one of my images and do not join it to the domain the machine will auto login as the local admin as I want it to. If I deploy an image and have it join the domain the machine tries to login as ntdomain\administrator which isn't an account.

Here is a test I did.

1. Started a deployment task and selected the radio button to join the domain instead of workgroup.
    2. Started the deployment process.
    3. During the "Installing Image" phase of the deployment I pressed F8 to open a command prompt.
    4. Waited for the installation of the image to finish (machine didn't reboot because I had the command prompt open)
    5. Ran an instance of notepad and navigated to the unattend file that was put on the machine I was deploying to and opened it.
    6. Verified in the file that the auto login features were in the unattend file and the domain was set to "." without the quotes.
    7. Closed notepad and the command prompt window.
    8. Machine restarted
    9. MDT Task Sequence continued
    10. Auto login failed while trying to use ntdomain\administrator

I don't understand how or where the login is changing from local machine to domain in this process even after verifying the unattend file was correct when it was put on the machine.

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:24 PM

Answers

• MDT is doing what it should (you know this from your unattend).  I would look at policy you get when you join the domain.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:57 PM

All replies

• MDT is doing what it should (you know this from your unattend).  I would look at policy you get when you join the domain.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:57 PM
  • You would be correct again Ty. I never would have thought this to be the case but there are Logon policies in place in that set the default domain to ntdomain. I will have to investigate that a little further. Thank you for the heads up to look at that never even crossed my mind.
    Monday, December 14, 2015 10:56 PM