The remote session was disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following error message when trying to remote desktop into a server.  I was able to remote in last week and now I can't.  I'm unsure what changed.  I've rebooted the server but still can't figure out what's causing this problem.  Your help would be appreciated.

Error Message:

"The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license.  Please contact the server administrator."

• Edited by Caleb44 Monday, August 5, 2013 8:31 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you working with temporary license? if so, you have to purchase the valid license key?
    Did you try using mstsc /admin to connect to the server? Does that work? what is the error message that you get when you try to login with administrative credentials, just let us know.

Try this and post your comment.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Caleb44 Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you working with temporary license? if so, you have to purchase the valid license key?
    Did you try using mstsc /admin to connect to the server? Does that work? what is the error message that you get when you try to login with administrative credentials, just let us know.

Try this and post your comment.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Caleb44 Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:29 AM
  • I'll give those things a try.

As a note, I'm jointly working on this problem.  My partner may post here as well to move the process along.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Hi Caleb44,

I would like to check if there is any update.

Thanks.

Best Regards
    Jeremy Wu

Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:00 AM
  • Thanks Jeremy. I was able to RDC into the server using mstsc /admin and noticed that someone (unbeknownst to me) had installed Remote Desktop roles and features on the server. The "grace period" for RDC licensing had expired and hence the lock out. I removed the RDC role and can now access via RDC per normal. 

This case is closed.

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:18 PM
  • right on!  Thanks MKJordan
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:29 PM