none
Duration RRS feed

• Question

• I use MS Professional 2013.

I have an issue with the "New Scheduled tasks have estimated durations" checkbox" which I have checked, as I want durations to have a question mark for new tasks.

I opened two files. The first behaves as expected. The second doesn't show a quesion mark even if the above checkbox is ticked.

Any ideas?

• Edited by HFprojects Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Dale

Thanks for the response.

Both the "Show that scheduled tasks have estimated durations" as well as  the "New Scheduled tasks have estimated durations" are checked and I still don't get the question mark.

When I use the "Enterprise Gannt Chart" view, i.e. that of project server, it shows the duration with a question mark. I then switched back to the  "Gantt Chart" view and it seemed to fix the problem. 

• Edited by HFprojects Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by HFprojects Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:13 PM

All replies

• HFprojects --

This option works in conjunction with the "Show that scheduled tasks have estimated durations" option.  You will need to select this checkbox as well and then the "Show that scheduled tasks have estimated durations" option will work.  If you do not select the "Show that scheduled tasks have estimated durations" option, the "New Scheduled tasks have estimated durations" option WILL NOT work as expected.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:38 PM
  • Hi Dale

Thanks for the response.

Both the "Show that scheduled tasks have estimated durations" as well as  the "New Scheduled tasks have estimated durations" are checked and I still don't get the question mark.

When I use the "Enterprise Gannt Chart" view, i.e. that of project server, it shows the duration with a question mark. I then switched back to the  "Gantt Chart" view and it seemed to fix the problem. 

• Edited by HFprojects Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by HFprojects Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:13 PM