Azure AD Proxy and Skype for Business 2015 On Premesis RRS feed

• Question

• Is this a supported solution as a reverse proxy. I was reading:

https://skype4b.uk/2016/06/14/skype-for-business-azure-ad-application-proxy-as-reverse-proxy/

and being able to utilize Azure AD for the external web services and simple URLs would be one heck of a win for our organization as we are determining whether or not we need ADFS servers to enforce 2fa and shift the risk profile to Azure. If it is supported, are there any drawbacks, if it isn't is it on the roadmap?

Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi AndyK47,

Welcome to our forum.     

By my research, it is not supported by Microsoft. You could refer to the link which you post:

“The first thing you may be thinking is this is not supported, and you are right! The reason why I chose to post this blog and guide is purely an experiment and in a proper deployment all efforts should be made to use a qualified solution. ”

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, December 16, 2016 1:40 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi Jim, 

I second Jim's comment, this is definitely not supported and Mark mentions this in the post. The post is around this is possible but its not a supported architecture.

Thanks,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, December 16, 2016 1:40 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Thanks guys, I was certainly aware it was not supported as of that post. Does anyone know it it is on the roadmap or is having an on prem (or VM in azure) STS going to be the preferred method for the future (if doing passive auth)?

It sure would be nice if we could use the "ADFS as a service" model that Office 365 provides, if anyone knows if that is in the works I would love to hear it.

Thanks again for your responses - this forum has been very helpful and for that I am extremely grateful!

e: missed a word

• Edited by AndyK47 Friday, December 9, 2016 1:54 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi AndyK47,

If you want to know what is roadmap in future, we suggest you wait for Microsoft’s update. If you want to use the "ADFS as a service" model that Office 365 provides, you could submit a feedback in this website. Or you may try to contact Microsoft Premier support for customization with current products.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 19, 2016 9:43 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2016 10:06 AM