32 bit operating system RRS feed

• Question

• when i bought my laptop it had 2 gb of memory and i wanted to up grade it to 4gb and windows vista won't start up dose any one have any ideas to help me

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:54 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for reply delay!

Based on my experience, if the system doesn’t boot with newly added RAM, it is possible that the new memory chips are not with the same model or specification with the other ones, in other word, RAM shouldn’t be mixed. Please check it as the firstly step.

If they are with the same model and specification, please try to use the new ones instead of the older ones and boot the system again. If the system won’t start normally, I suspect that the new memory chips are damaged.

Please let me know the system information if the steps above don’t help. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Hello,

I have to add some information here.

The following update helps in many similar issues, please also try it if the method above doesn't work:

(KB929777) Error message when you try to install Windows Vista on a computer that uses more than 3 GB of RAM: "STOP 0x0000000A"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929777

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, January 14, 2008 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for reply delay!

Based on my experience, if the system doesn’t boot with newly added RAM, it is possible that the new memory chips are not with the same model or specification with the other ones, in other word, RAM shouldn’t be mixed. Please check it as the firstly step.

If they are with the same model and specification, please try to use the new ones instead of the older ones and boot the system again. If the system won’t start normally, I suspect that the new memory chips are damaged.

Please let me know the system information if the steps above don’t help. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Hello,

I have to add some information here.

The following update helps in many similar issues, please also try it if the method above doesn't work:

(KB929777) Error message when you try to install Windows Vista on a computer that uses more than 3 GB of RAM: "STOP 0x0000000A"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929777

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, January 14, 2008 3:35 AM