none
default setting for a reoccuring task RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ms project 2013 for scheduling. There are requirements that must be completed by a specified day each month. When using reoccurring task function to schedule these task by a set day throughout a project life cycle, if that day falls on a non-working day (sat or sun) ms project default to the next following work day. This then causes the task to be completed after the required day. How do you change the default setting to reset this to the first working day prior to the date? I am aware that you can manual do this and have done so but then every time a change is made it then resets to the default and you need to manually set the re-occurring tasks again.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Bardre,

There is not easy way to do that. What I can suggest would be to create a new calendar copying the default calendar and making saturday and sunday working days. Then apply this calendar to the recurring tasks. In this way, all occurence will occur on the same day of the month.

Then you might create a formula using weekday(date, firstweekday) in order to set a flag to YES in case the recurring task occurs on a week-end day.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:52 PM
  • badre --

In order to resolve this issue, you would need to create a custom calendar that shows 8 hours of work per day, 7 days per week, with no holidays at all.  Then you would need to assign this calendar as a Task Calendar on the recurring task.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:53 PM