none
MS DPM 2012 R2 - SQL backups RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of creating a Protection group for long term backups using VTL.

When I go to pick my SQL server, and go to the database, I cannot pick individual databases.  

What am I doing wrong, I only want to pick 4 databases.

There is another job for this server for Short term backups and you can pick individual databases.

It has all the right permissions or else the Short Term backups would not work.

What am I doing wrong that I cannot pick individual databases?

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that you have not configured protection for the SQL-databases in another Protection Group.
    DPM only supports protecting each datasource within one protection group.

You can configure long term backups for an already created protection group if you choose Modify Protection Group and check the box for Long term backups on the page "Select data protection method", the same page were you specify the name of your Protection Group.

If there is other datasources in that Protection Group which you do not want Long term backups for, you will need to stop the protection for the SQL-databases (choose to keep/retain the history) and configure a new Protection Group that only contains the datasources which you want long term backups for.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:58 PM