remove or hide the used space property of network drive in windows explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my application, I have  created the mapped network drive for  shared folder  which is present in the same system . This created network drive displays the disk usage i.e., free space and used space as same as the folder present in the drive. For e.g one shared folder namely "eee" present in the c:\ drive. I created the mapped drive  Z: for eee folder . Now newly created Z: drive shows disk usage as same as the C: drive used space and free space. I want to hide the used space for network drive.

Is any way to hide/remove/disable the disk usage for network drive?

Is any way to not shown the rectangle icon to indicates the used space or i have to edit the registry entry.

Please help me,

I am waiting your response.

Thank you,

K.Prathika

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Double click  Computer on desktop or Windows key + E  after open  click on View--> Click on List it hide the disk usage

again click on view --> medium icons or large it's depend on your requirement.

Please refer  Similar Thread for reference.

Hope this information help

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have tried the above cases and links. I want to hide the particular network drive created by myself. If I apply the above procedure, the same will be applicable for "hard disk drives and devices and removable storage". I am concentrating particularly network drive and not other hard disk drives.

For example C:,D: & E: etc. network drive namely z: , used space icon is hide only network drive Z: and not C:,D:..

Any programmatic procedure is there guide me. I am developing application C# and C++

Please help me,

Thank you,

K.Prathika

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:15 AM