How to copy reports from one workspace to another workspace ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This might be a very silly question. My apologies in advance.

I have a workspace in PPS with Dashboard, Score card, couple of analytic grid and reports. If I need to copy only specific report from one workspace to another workspace. How do I do that ? will I be able to select only the reports I need for the new dashboard ?

Please advice
    sincerely
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:34 AM

Answers

• Connect to the first server and pull down the objects and load them into your workspace and then go into your options and change the PPS connection information and connect to the other station and publish the objects to the other server/workstation.  If you already have a PPS workspace file then you can change the connection information, connect to the other server, and publish the items.  You just need to verify you have the proper permissions and that the Application Pool security is setup appropriately.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Rajpr Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:01 PM
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:01 PM

All replies

• If you want to add PPS objects to another workspace file you can add them by connect to the PPS server and selecting them from the available server objects.  Once you have your workspace file open in Dashboard Designer simply click the Refresh button in the Ribbon and this will retrieve all of the available objects from server.  Then in the Workspace Browser select the section of interest (Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Reports, Data Sources, or Indicators) and then simply double-click on the item from the available items list from the server to include them in your new workspace.

Just remember that these items are being referenced and get stored in the PPS repository, so if you modify them and publish the changes to the server this will be global and impact any location where the object is being referenced.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:31 PM
  •  Thanks for your reply Dan!

I would like to qualify my question. This is copying the objects from one workspace in a stand alone machine to another new work space in another  stand alone machine.

I tried to copy the entire workspace to the new machine but all the objects are configured with my old server name and I had to manually change the configuration. As said earlier, am not able to copy the individual objects as well.

Pls advice.

Regards
    Raj
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:39 PM
  • Connect to the first server and pull down the objects and load them into your workspace and then go into your options and change the PPS connection information and connect to the other station and publish the objects to the other server/workstation.  If you already have a PPS workspace file then you can change the connection information, connect to the other server, and publish the items.  You just need to verify you have the proper permissions and that the Application Pool security is setup appropriately.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Rajpr Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:01 PM
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:01 PM