none
Project tool for tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering whether I can use project to record tasks for each employee over a long period of time. I want to be able to show links between a member of one group of employees working on the same task to another person in a different group of employees.

I preferably want to view all tasks of all employees in a gantt chart since it seems like the easiest solution. I don't currently have access to the software so was wondering whether it will actually do what I  require before asking.

Anyone using it for this purpose and if so, what are its advantages/disadvantages?

Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:12 AM

All replies

• Apparently it was hard to make changes to the schedule, or so my per-decessor said.
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:20 PM
  • HAH56 --

Microsoft Project is a project management tool.  Are you actually going to manage projects with it?  If not, use Excel.  If yes, then I would strongly recommend you get some formal training on how to use it properly.  It is a sophisticated project management tool that is not intuitive on how to use it properly, as your predecessor apparently discovered.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:06 PM
  • It will be used as a resource planner, mapping employees to their tasks over a yearly period. This as well as a release schedule are used together as part of the project planning.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:18 PM